Any person who feels he/she has unjustly received a parking citation may file a parking appeal.
- Parking Citations must be appealed within ninety (90) business days of issuance.
- Appeals will not be accepted unless they are submitted in writing on the proper form with the parking citation attached. The form must be completed in its entirety. It is the motorist’s responsibility to obtain a copy of the lost or misplaced citation. Copies of a lost citation may be requested from the Office of Student Accounts.
- Appeals will be handled in accordance with TCNJ’s Citation Appeals Board procedures.
How do I file an appeal?
Log into your CARS account and click on the “Outstanding Citations” link. If the ticket you wish to appeal is not on your CARS account, complete a Citation Appeal Form. This form can also be found in hardcopy at Green Hall 119 or Campus Police.
What happens once I file an Appeal?
- Appellants have the option of appealing citations in-person or in-absentia.
- Appellants will be notified of the board’s decision by mail.
- If your appeal is upheld (denied), payment must be made by the date specified in your decision letter. Payments can be made in person at the Office of Student Accounts or online through your PAWS account.
- If you have already paid your citation and it is subsequently dismissed, you will receive a refund from the Office of Student Accounts.
- While a citation is under appeal, it is considered unpaid pending the decision of the Citation Appeals Board, and should be paid in order to avoid registration and transcript hold flags being placed on your account. THE DECISION OF THE CITATION APPEALS BOARD IS FINAL.
Appeals Board Committee Meetings for 2013-2014
- September 25, 2013
- October 16, 2013
- November 20, 2013
- December 4, 2013
- February 19, 2014
- March 26, 2014
- April 30, 2014
Meetings are held Wednesday afternoons from 2:15 pm – 4:30 pm.
If you are filing to appeal in-person, you will be scheduled a specific time to appear before the Citation Appeals Board.
Location: Green Hall, Room 14