Parking Services is committed to providing The College of New Jersey campus community with efficient customer service and the best possible solutions to meet your transportation needs. This site will help you find the information you need to make parking on campus easier.
Parking Services and the Division of Facilities Management, Construction and Campus Safety would like to remind all faculty, staff, and students that they are required to park in the lot(s) to which they are assigned at all times. Parking in a lot or space without proper decal or pass can result in ticketing and/or towing.
Please also be reminded that an upraised parking gate is not an indication that parking is permitted and the use of hazard lights or flashers does not authorize parking in front of a building or in any designated space.
Reminder: Winter Restriction for parking is in effect.
There is no parking at any time between midnight and 6am in any of the surface lots or on top of the parking garages from November 30th through March 31st of each year. This policy is in effect regardless of weather conditions.
This includes lots 1, Visitor, 3, 4, 5, 6, roof of 7, 8, 9, roof of 11, 12, roof of 13, 14, 15, and 17.
If you will be on campus between these hours, commuters can park on the lower levels of lot 7, employees can park in lots 2, 10, 16, or 18, and residents can park on the lower levels of lots 11 and 13. Residents of the Apartments and Pennington College Houses are not affected by Winter Restriction.
Please be reminded that you do need a valid permit in order to park on campus.
If your vehicle is disabled, please report it to Campus Police at (609) 771-2345 in order to avoid ticketing.
Fees for 2013-2014 Student Parking Decals:
- Resident Full Year: $280.00
- Resident Semester Only: $140.00
- Commuter Full Year: $95.00 + $6.65 = $101.65
- Commuter Semester Only: $47.50 + $3.32 = $50.82
- There is no fee for a replacement decal
Spring decals are now available to be ordered online.
New for 2013-2014
Lot numbers and arrangements are effective August 15, 2013
The College has installed a new web-based parking system called Campus Automobile Registration System (CARS). This system will allow students, faculty, and staff to order decals online, print out a temporary dashboard permit so you will automatically have a valid permit, as well as monitor and/or appeal parking citations.
A training video on how to use CARS can be found here: Ordering Decal Demonstration
Parking Lot Numbers
As of August 15, 2013 The College of New Jersey will be renumbering the parking lots on campus. Please review the below list for the new number, cohort designation, location, and the old number for reference.
- Lot 1: Faculty/Staff – Armstrong garage upper level (current Lot 20)
- Lot 2: Faculty/Staff – Armstrong garage lower level (current Lot 20)
- Visitor Lot: Visitors – lot next to Loser Hall (current Lot 2)
- Lot 3: Visitors – other visitor lot next to the Visitor Lot (current Lot 2A)
- Lot 4: Faculty/Staff – Lot in front of AIMM (current Lot 3)
- Lot 5: Commuter Students – Flat lot in front of the Student Center (current Lot 4)
- Lot 6: Commuter Students – Flat lot in front of the Metzger garage (current Lot 5)
- Lot 7: Commuter/”RA” Decal Residential Students – Metzger garage (current Lot 6)
- Lot 8: Faculty/Staff – Administrative Services Building (current Lot 18)
- Lot 9: Visitors – Green Farmhouse (current Lot 8A)
- Lot 10: Faculty/Staff – First level side of T/W garage (current Lot 8)
- Lot 11: “RS” Decal Residential Students – Upper levels side of T/W garage (current Lot 8)
- Lot 12: Faculty/Staff – Packer lot (current Lot 17)
- Lot 13: “RS” Decal Residential Students – Decker/Cromwell garage (current Lot 9)
- Lot 14: Faculty/Staff – Flat lot behind Decker/Cromwell garage (current Lot 9B)
- Lot 15: Faculty/Staff – Maintenance Building (current Lot 10 and 10A)
- Lot 16: Faculty/Staff – Eickhoff Hall (current Lot 11)
- Lot 17: Commuter Students – Forcina garage upper level (current Lot 12A)
- Lot 18: Faculty/Staff – Forcina garage lower level (current Lot 12)
Please see the Parking Services menu (across the top of the page) for additional information on parking. You may also email your questions to the Parking Manager at: email@example.com or call 609-771-3144 or 609-771-2172.